Friday, November 14, 2008

Critique Feedback

Use of Color: In my critique everyone really liked the way I created the reflection in the glasses in my surface and texture painting. They also liked my use of light and shadows as well as the color and illusion of transparency in the bow on the bear. But that I may want to differenciate between the black on the headphones and the black of the fabric. Also my group thought that it would be nice to make the edges of my clock sharper.
Depth and Volume: During my critique my group thought that i did a really good job creating depth of the objects, as well as between the objects on my surface and texture painting. We decided that the white objects painting looks more blocky and the objects are more outlined which is why they appear 2 dimensional. They thought that I had really improved from my white objects painting to my surface and texture painting.
Composition choices: My group loved the use of depth in my surface and texture painting. In both paintings everyone agreed that the objects flowed together to create a even composition. They thought i should work on sharper/softer edges to help to diversity of the objects.

No comments: